Kyrgyz State Medical Academy
Kyrgyz State Medical Academy (KSMA) or also known as KSMU and KGMA is a government medical college for MBBS in Kyrgyzstan. Established in 1939, it is one of the oldest and most prestigious medical university in the country. The college is located in the capital city of Bishkek and awards MD (Physician) degree to the graduating students. This degree is equivalent to MBBS in India. As the college is MCI approved, Indian students will be eligible for sitting for the MCI Screening Test of FMGE.
The course duration is 6 years in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy and the medium of education will be English. All clinical hospitals at KGMA are equipped to train students. In particular, all types of diagnostics, thermovision, angiography, endoscopic technique, treatment by hyperbaric oxygenation, laser therapy, and efferent methods of de-toxication are taught.
KSMA is recognised by Medical Council of India, World Health Organization (WHO), FAIMER and IMED. Students are eligible to appear for USMLE, PLAT, NZREX, etc. for further studies in countries like USA, UK, New Zealand, etc.
Kyrgyz State Medical Academy- Admission of Indian students by GMF
Admission in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy is already ongoing for the session 2017 for Indian students. Admission in KSMA is not easy and students do not get direct admission in this college. The student will have to apply by contacting Medical Overseas Foundation.
Marksheet of the student who is applying will be first screened for checking the eligibility before admission in Kyrgyz State Medical Academy. The documents that need to be submitted by eligible candidates for admission are:
- 10th & 12th mark-sheets & certificates,
- Passport size photographs
Kyrgyz State Medical Academy Fee Structure
- 1st Year Fees of KSMA: College Tuition Fees + Hostel fees + Admission Formalities + Visa Extension + One way Air Ticket = US $ 6,700
- 2nd-6th Year Fees of KSMA: College Tuition Fees + Hostel fees + Visa Extension = US $ 3,800 per year (US $ 3,800 x 5 = US $ 19,000)
- Total for 6 years = ₹16,70,500
- Mess Charges will be US $ 100 per month.
- Admission charges extra to be payable in India.